Ironman Heidi Crutchfield - Iron "Mind"

May 25, 2009 0 comments



For years, I’ve believed that if we want to excel at anything, we need to do two things: 1) Get involved in a Master Mind and 2) hire a coach.

So a few years ago I made the decision to get in really good shape, to be stronger than I’ve ever been, and to tone my body. To achieve this I hired Heidi Crutchfield as my personal trainer.

Heidi has participated in many Triathlons, Marathons, half-Ironman and Ironman competitions. And as my mentor in real estate used to say, she’s “stronger than 90 day old garlic.” Not only is she physically strong, Heidi is mentally strong; which is the reason I wanted to interview and blog about her.

In a Triathlon you swim, bike and run. There are different distances, the one in Sebring, Florida; Heartland Triathlon on July 25th & 26th, is .25 miles swim, 3.1 run, 14 miles bike. I’m excited to say that this is my first triathlon on a relay team with Steve and his daughter Megan. So come on down and cheer us on, or maybe you’ll even want to participate.

A Marathon is a 26.2 mile run.

A ½ Ironman is 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike and 13.1 mile run.

An Ironman is 2.4 miles swim, 112 mile bike and a 26.2 mile run.

Can you imagine?!!! I’m excited that I can run 2 miles, I couldn’t say that a few months ago.

I look forward to my training, and while I’m there, I can’t say that it feels that great. Sometimes I ask myself “what was I thinking?” “Do I really want to do this?” “I can just watch what I eat, and walk a little or ride my bike and I’ll be just fine.” If you have thought about exercising, or began an exercise program, you know what I am talking about. This is normal; we question ourselves when things get a little tough. The kicker is how you respond to those questions. Notice I said “respond” and not “react.”



In business, we often ask the same questions.

Not only do I love the fact that as a result of training with Heidi, I am stronger than ever, but I am actually doing something that it is easy not to do. I look for opportunities during my days to practice what we teach and coach. And this is one of them.

With Heidi as my coach, I can do things I never thought possible. There’s NO WAY I would do this on my own. She encourages me (she MAKES ME) do more reps, lift a little more, work out so hard that sometimes I can barely lift my arm or lift my leg.

It’s been intriguing for me to learn how one goes from deciding to start to exercise, to eventually end up in an Ironman competition – over 140 miles total, on the SAME day. So, while I’m training with Heidi, I am asking her questions about that mind set, and she tries to get me to focus on my exercise (she doesn’t “try” – she makes sure I do the exercise).



So, how do you go from earning what you are currently earning to doubling that amount, to selling more than you sell, to setting and reaching your goals? As you listen to Heidi, she will share some of the same principles that you need to apply with your own personal goals. That is if you have a goal to begin with.

Listen to what Heidi has to say about decision making, setting goals, focus, visualization, coaching, competition, having a plan, being prepared, and blessings and adventures.

What I’ve learned from Heidi is that the mind set she has for running a marathon, or competing in an Ironman competition, is the same mind set we should have for doing ANYTHING we set out to do.

In this interview, Heidi talks about reading an article from Andy Potts, where he talks about focusing on the small details. She is always learning from others how she can improve what she is doing. Heidi also has a personal coach, Jeff Cuddeback.

If you are in Highlands County, and would be interested in talking to Heidi, she can currently be reached at The Fitness Factory.


Ready to start living your TRUE life and improve the results in your life? Email me if you would like a 30 minute Complimentary Coaching Session.


FOR OUR FULL INTERVIEW (APPROX. 30 MINUTES), WATCH HERE!

Personal Trainer Heidi Crutchfield - Training for Iron Man from Jeanny Campbell on Vimeo.

Jeanny Campbell, LifeSuccess Consultant, interviewed Heidi Crutchfield, her personal fitness trainer, on Friday, May 21, 2009. They discussed how visualization, goal setting, mindset, and coaching are important to Heidi's preparation for an Iron Man Triathalon... and how these apply not only in athletics but also in life and business!

0 comments: to “ Ironman Heidi Crutchfield - Iron "Mind" so far...

Start your Day with an Inspirational Message

Start your Day with an Inspirational Message
Subscribe to Insight of the Day -- it's Free!